We are currently accepting applications for Spring 2017 internships.
Spring 2017 Internship Description
The DC Collaborative believes that the arts and humanities—inclusive of music, visual arts, media arts, theater, dance, and literary arts—are central to the education of every student. A community-based partnership organization, now more than 100 members strong, the DC Collaborative works to promote quality arts and humanities education for all DC public and public charter schools. Working with our partners, the DC Collaborative produces such exemplary programs as Arts and Humanities for Every Student and Professional Development initiatives.
Interns are involved in supporting the work of the staff with programmatic, communications and development needs as well as supporting the logistical and administrative functions and work to support the daily activities necessary to manage a small non-profit. Internships are available in the following areas:
- Identify potential funding leads.
- Assist with grant writing to prepare proposals in response to RFPs.
- Assist in preparing reports for funders.
- Maintain electronic archives of development correspondence and activities.
- Assist with development of monthly member e-newsletter, teacher e-newsletter other and other e-announcements.
- Update website and social media content.
- Complete interviews of members, board members, partners, and educators and draft StoryBank Blog entries.
- Work with staff to produce necessary documents for successful program implementation.
- Assist staff with the program upload into AHFES online registration database.
- Analyze program and survey reports to complete statistics for the Arts and Humanities for Every Student and Professional Development programs.
- Process Member dues invoicing and assist with outreach efforts.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prior internship experience in a non-profit setting.
- Prior experience with DC Public and Public Charter Schools.
- Working knowledge of HTML or website applications.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and brief writing sample to email@example.com indicating "Spring 2017 Internship Application" in the subject line of your email.
Status: Intern/Volunteer part-time
Hours: Monday-Friday; 10-25 hours per week; flexible schedule
The DC Collaborative is an E.O.E. and operates in accordance with Section 504 of the Civil Rights Handbook, Civil Rights Office, National Endowment for the Arts.