Join more than 100 arts and humanities organizations and individuals in the DC region who are utilizing the arts to make a positive impact on the education of DC Public and Public Charter School students.
Annual enrollment begins each July, however, you can join anytime! After January (our fiscal year's 6 month mark) we cut our dues in half for a prorated half-year price. Organizations and individuals can renew by mailing their dues to (rates listed below):
Attn: Membership Renewal
975 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004
- Network: Gain access to our member directory. Build relationships with other organizations through member meetings and events, professional development for staff, and other networking opportunities. Many new programs and projects have been created as a result of membership networking.
- Programming: Gain access to DC Public and Public Charter Schools to assist your organization in connecting equitably to students through the DC Collaborative's Arts and Humanities for Every Student, (AHFES) and Professional Development Initiatives. Through our AHFES and PD programs you will receive:
- Outreach; coordinated scheduling, field-trip registration lottery system, PD registration system, in-school placement, reservation tracking and coordination, timely teacher reminders, post-experience survey and analysis, and contracting with transportation vendors
- Technical assistance in connecting to DCPS and DC Public Charter School curricular priorities
- Contacts through an active network of teachers and administrators at each school
- Up-to-date data on DCPS and DC Public Charter Schools
- Professional Development: Attend and offer professional development workshops, webinars and roundtables for member organization staff.
- Collective Impact: Join a cross-sector network of cultural institutions, government agencies, funders, schools, and families working jointly to impact arts and humanities education in the District. Help define shared language and measurements for our entire community. Contribute to our collective impact and data collection initiatives and our community calendar.
- Community of Practice: Join the Collaborative's clearinghouse of arts and humanities education resources. Contribute to the field by evaluating the quality and equity of arts and humanities education programming offered in the District by participating in the DC Collaborative's Programming Committee.
- Advocacy: Be heard as a part of a collective voice with other arts and humanities education stakeholders in advancing arts and humanities education in Washington, DC, including city-wide policies and planning. Through our membership convenings, stay connected to local and national government officials and advocacy organizations.
- Communications and Resources. Receive monthly newsletters and other messaging regarding relevant and up-to-date information on arts education in DC schools and across the nation. Receive information about funding opportunities for your education programs.
- Connect and Share. Feature your organization and its programs on a database of DC arts and humanities education resources. NEW this year! All members will have a "Member Feature Page" on the DC Collaborative website with direct links to your website. Share your organization's story by featuring your organization's education programs on our Story Bank Blog and learn about other members.
- Actively contribute to our professional network which works to improve the arts and humanities education community of practice.
- Attend the Annual Membership Meeting and at least one of the three General Meetings each year. Consider contributing to our Membership, Programming and Special Events committees.
- Assist in our Member Mapping Initiative and other Collective Impact efforts by gathering and providing your organization's annual data.
- Provide necessary information about your organization and your organization's education initiatives to be added to our member directory and feature pages.
- Evaluate the quality of arts and humanities education programming offered by our members by ensuring completion of student surveys, observing field-trips, and providing feedback.
- Build awareness of, and advocate for arts and humanities education initiatives in the District (as much as is allowable by your organization).
- Pay annual dues.
- Include the following language in your organization's annual report: "[Name of your organization] is a member of the DC Arts and Humanities Education Collaborative."
- Include the DC Collaborative logo on your organization's website and print materials where applicable.
- Institutional Budget 1 million and above - Annual Dues $750
- Institutional Budget 500K to 999K - Annual Dues $500
- Institutional Budget 250K-499K - Annual Dues $250
- Institutional Budget 249K and under - Annual Dues $100
- Individual Practitioner/Teaching Artist Membership - $50 (For those who are part of an organization, institutional dues are recommended to take advantage of full benefits of institutional membership.)